Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 IS OFF AND RUNNING

Well the Christmas Decorations are down and stored for anoher year and 2007 is off and running. My year seems to be divided into quarters, each with its own character. My first quarter is my working quarter. I cram it all of my work into one quarter. Having it all in one quarter has its good points and its bad points. I am able to get it over with for the year but it sure wears on these old bones doing it that way. I have started my 17th year as a senor tax advisor. I will start with 3 days a week until the last week in January when I will go 5 days a week for the rest of the tax season. The first few weeks are the busiest when everyone is looking for their refund as quickly as possible. Towards the end of February, we start to get some of our old customers and the returns become more interesting. Doing the taxes is the easy part once you learn the computer program. The difficult part is explaining all the options the people have to recieve their refunds. They come up with more options every year. When you get all of your paprwork together, I will be happy to help all of you. During the tax season I get a break from my money counting chores for the church.
The rest of the family is doing well.
JoAnn and Augie are making some progress on their efforts to quit smoking. Augie is feeling a lot better.
Joey has transfered to St Petersburg College. Eddie loves going out fishing on his kayak.
Chrisie likes it in Seattle. Ben is still in Norfolk. Mary has some paintings on
ebay.com under self representing artists. I haven't found them as yet. I am trying to narrow it down.
Mickey, Becky and the boys seem to like it up north but the cold weather hasn't hit as yet.
Justin is in his last semester in college and Colin is in his last semester in high school.
Pat is doing some ski instructing. He is hoping for a lot more snow. Nate and Adam are busy with school.
Scott is in his last year in high school and plays basketball for the school team.
Ryan played football and Lucas is paying basketball. Margie is still running and Hank is still in th USMC.
Sean is busy at with the baccalaureate program at school where they really pile on the work. Kevin is busy at school and with the new puppy. Both boys play soccer.
Matt is very busy still at work. He also plays volleyball three times a week.
Bren and Jana are kept busy by their two children. Coleen is getting used to having
Matthew around and Matthew is getting used to a big sister.
Conner is still full of energy and Amelia always has a big smile. Eileen is planning on going back into the Coast Guard when her leave is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home