Monday, November 06, 2006

STEVEN COONTS BOOKS

The past several weeks I have been reading books written by Steven Coonts. I try to go back to the very first books written by an author and read the books in sequence. I generally have read these books before but thanks to my poor memory I find reading them again to be enjoyable. So far I have read his first three books. I particularly enjoy Coonts discription of the flying scenes and some of his descriptions in the book. Here are some of his descriptions.
" My Mother is one of the new moderns who have elevated the elimination of risk to a religious status. She writes weekly letters to congressmen urging a national 55 mile-per-hour speed limit,helmets for motorcyclists and gun control. She has never been on a motorcycle and to the best of my knowledge has never even seen a gun"
" Life is not fair. Good things happen to bad people and vice versa, almost as if the goodness and badness of those who bear the load was not factored into the equations for that great computer in the sky."
Speaking of politicians...." It's the ultimate theater. The stakes are money, the mothers milk of politics, great heaping mountains of it. And the actors are politicians, without a doubt the lowest form of animal life. Charlatans, montebanks, liars, hypocrites---they'd cut off your nuts for another term in office, or even a favorable article in a hometown newspaper. If you rendered the whole lot of 'em, you couldn't skim enough scruples to fill a thimble."
"Life is risky. Life isn't some bland puree with all the caffeine and cholesterol removed. It doesn't just go on for ever and ever without end,amen. For every living thing there is a beginning, a middle, and an end. And life is chance. Chance is the means whereby God rules the universe." "I have the courage to try to live with my fate, whatever it may be"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home