Monday, July 24, 2006

Dean Koontzs' new book "The Husband"

I have been reading the new Koontz book, "The Husband". One paragraph has been on my mind since I read it. I would like your opinion about it.
One character said, " Modesty is related to diffidence. Diffidence is related to shyness. Shyness is a synomyn for timidity. Timidity is a characteristic of the meek. The meek do not inherit the earth, they serve those who are self-confident and
self-assertive."
I see a lot of truth in what it says. Have we been teaching our children the wrong things to get along in the world? We have all seen people with more talent passed over by people of lesser talant. As a child, I was taught to be modest. If you weren't modest you were considered a braggart. Heaven forbid if you expressed an opinion in grammer or high school. If the teacher didn't agree with you, you were in trouble. So you were made content to sit there quietly. Later in life you came out of it but was there still that doubt in the back of your mind.
Please put your comments on the blog. i am very anxious to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home