Monday, November 19, 2007

THANKSGIVING

It is that time of the year when we reflect on the graces that are in our life and we thank GOD for bestowing them on us. The greatest of my graces is Eileen (MOM) who has been my wife for over 55 years. She is truely the backbone of our family. Then the eleven children that we have had together. You all know the joy that each of your children has brought into your life. Well multiply that by eleven and you know how Mom and I feel. Add to that our 23 grandchildren and our 3 great-grandchildren. They each occupy a special place in our hearts.
On the material side, we live in a nice house in a good neighborhood; we have air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter; there are two cars in our garage; we support one healthfood store and two pharmacies; we have never been hungry; my closet is full and my bureau is overflowing.
All of which brings me to thinking about all of the poor and needy people.
Last year Matt started it by giving me a check which he said I should give to my favorite charity. I gave it to the local St. Vincent de Paul Society. I chose them because I know that they use everything they recieve to help the needy. There is no large overhead. Everyone is a volunteer.
This year I would like to set up a fund; instead of shopping for me and mailing me your presents I would like it if you sent me a check for the amount you would have spent. I will then give that fund to the St. Vincent de Paul Society in the name of the Meehan Family.
Think of all the time you will save not going to the mall and standing on line at the post office. You can also make the check out directly to St Vincnt de Paul so you can take a tax deduction. WOW,WHAT A DEAL.
Love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home