Tuesday, June 09, 2009

80 YEARS YOUNG

Well I did it. Against all odds. I reached this milestone but they tell me that age only counts in cheese. Lisa and Joe threw a big party for me and we all had a very good time. Mickey, Becky and the boys were there, Also Dan, Dawn, Matt, Bonnie and all the boys were there. Wish all of you could have made it but I understand how difficult it is to get away. When the party was over I went to Flanagans Irish Pub in Dunedin with Eddie as my driver. Matt, Dan and Mickey followed us there. Brian, Eric and Kevin, Dawn and Bonnie came with them. We had a good time singing Irish and other songs. For my birthday they made me go up and sing a song. I sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and dedicated it to Mom. Kevin {9 years old} went up and sang "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" and was the hit of the night.
As I look back I see these years would not be possible without Mom's love and care.
And the major achievement in life has been my 11 children who have all grown to be responsible and productive adults with their own families. When I see them I know I did something right. They make me very proud.
I didn't become rich or famous but I have had a good life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home